Jackfruit Salad Recipes
Pinoy Jackfruit Salad
- 1 1/2 cups Chopped Fresh Unripe Jackfruit
- 1 1/2 cups Coconut Cream (not Coconut Milk)
- 1/2 cup Chopped Ripe Tomatoes
- 1/2 cup Sliced Red Onions
- 1 inch Fresh Ginger Root
- Chopped Chillies (Optional)
- Vinegar (Optional)
- Coriander Leaves (Optional)
1. Blanch the jackfruit in boiling water for 8-10 minutes.
2. Drain the jackfruit and plunge into an ice cold bath to keep from further cooking.
3. Slice the ginger root into thinly and mix in a large bowl with the tomatoes and red onions.
4. Add the cooked jackfruit and the coconut cream to the mixture until the consistency is just right.
5. Garnish with chopped chillies and coriander leaves. Add vinegar if desired and serve cold.