Jackfruit Main Dish Recipes
Coconut Jackfruit Curry
- 1 20oz can of young green jackfruit (packed in water or brine)
- 1 can of coconut milk
- 1/2 cup of diced red tomatoes (canned tomatoes work as well)
- 1/2 cup of chopped broccoli
- 1/2 cup of chopped mushrooms
- 1 medium onion diced
- 1 medium potato diced
- 1 medium bell pepper diced
- 1 1/2 Tbsp cayenne pepper
- 1 1/2 Tbsp garam marsala powder
- 1 Tbsp canola/olive oil
- Salt to taste
1. Wash, drain and cut the green jackfruit into 1-inch pieces.
2. Heat oil in a pan. Add the bell peppers, the onions and the mushrooms. Sauté until both the onions and mushrooms turn brown.
3. Add the diced potatoes, diced tomatoes, chopped broccoli and stir.
4. Add the canned coconut milk and the spices.
5. Simmer on low-medium heat until thick.
6. Adjust salt to taste and serve immediately with steamed rice.