Jackfruit Main Dish Recipes
- 2 20oz cans of young green jackfruit (packed in water or brine)
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 1 1/2 cups of BBQ sauce
- Corn tortillas
- 1/4 cup of diced tomatoes and/or coleslaw
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1 Tbsp canola/olive oil
- Salt to taste
1. Wash, drain and shred the green jackfruit with a fork.
2. Heat oil in a pan. Crush and add the garlic, cooking for a minute or so. Add the shredded jackfruit and cook until the water evaporates and the mixture browns.
3. Add the BBQ sauce and stir thoroughly. Lower the heat and let it simmer for at least 10 minutes for the jackfruit to absorb the flavour.
4. Spoon the BBQ jackfruit, and the vegetables onto the
tortillas. Add sour cream if necessary