Jackfruit Main Dish Recipes
- 2 20oz cans of young green jackfruit (packed in water or brine)
- 1/2 cup of diced onions
- 1 cup of semi cooked rice (preferable basmati rice)
- 1 tbsp cumin seeds
- 1 tbsp ginger-garlic paste
- 1/2 tbsp garam marsala powder
- 1/2 tbsp turmeric powder
- 2 Tbsps canola/olive oil
- Salt to taste
- Lemon juice to taste
- Coriander to garnish
1. Wash, drain and cut the green jackfruit into 1-inch pieces.
2. Heat oil in a pan and sauté the cumin seeds, ginger-garlic paste and onions till brown.
3. Add the green jackfruit and fry over low heat till done.
4. Add the garam marsala and the turmeric powder and cook for
5. Remove half of the vegetable mixture and layer it with the semi cooked rice. Cover with the rest of the vegetable mixture and the rest of the rice.
6. Adjust salt and lemon juice to taste and cook over low heat while covered for 10 minutes.
7. Garnish with coriander and serve.